Having cracked, stained, or misaligned teeth can make people feel self-conscious, causing them to hide their teeth when they talk or smile. Our team at Kois Dentistry strives to help men and women restore the form and function of their teeth, while enhancing their overall smile appearance. For those with several cosmetic dental concerns, our dentists may recommend the all-encompassing smile makeover.
Combining multiple cosmetic dental solutions under one comprehensive treatment plan, the smile makeover can help patients achieve their dream smile through a custom combination of treatments. To help patients realize their aesthetic goals and know what to expect before their smile makeover, our dentists have provided five key factors that should be considered.
- Your choice of cosmetic dentist is important. While many dental professionals perform cosmetic treatments, not all can create the natural-looking results you desire. When researching cosmetic dentists, look for those with specialized experience, and view before-and-after photos of their patients to see the type of results they can help you achieve.
- The treatment is not one-size-fits-all. Since everyone has unique facial characteristics, the smile makeover process needs to be customized to prevent an unnatural or “fake” look. The ideal combination of treatments for one person may not be right for another, and the specific techniques and materials used should be tailored according to each individual’s needs and aesthetic goals.
- You may need to return for multiple office visits. Depending on the types of cosmetic dental treatments you are receiving and the extent of your needs, you may need to schedule more than one office visit to complete your smile makeover. In addition, treatments like Invisalign® may be needed before other cosmetic treatments can be performed.
- It is an investment into your long-term smile appearance. Considering there are two or more treatments involved in every smile makeover, the overall cost will be more than if you had only undergone one procedure. However, due to the transformative nature of the smile makeover process, our patients have reported that it is more than worth the investment due to the significant boost in their self-confidence. To help you manage your total cost, our dentists can work with you to find a plan that works for your budget, and may be able to space out your treatments, as well.
- Follow-up treatments may be necessary. With the right maintenance, cosmetic solutions can often last for many years; however, it is not uncommon to need follow-up treatments later. For example, restorations like crowns and veneers are prone to wear and tear and may need to be replaced in the future. In addition, with teeth whitening touch-up sessions are required to maintain the brightening results long-term.
When researching cosmetic dentists for your smile makeover, it is important to find a professional who is highly qualified and can help you achieve your desired outcome. Looking for a dentist based on who offers reduced costs may result in lower-quality results that you are not happy with. As noted above, the expertise of your cosmetic dentist will determine the quality of your smile makeover results.
If you would like to learn about our highly rated team at Kois Dentistry, or are ready to schedule your smile makeover consultation, please contact our office to schedule an appointment!